Friday, January 05, 2007

Had a Post . . .

Big and strong /
Turned around and found my blog post gone.

(Sung to the tune of Jane's Addiction's "Had a Dad," if you didn't pick up the reference).

I wrote a very long, very personal installment in the "She Walked Away" series, but it fell through the crack between the bed and the wall. Or more precisely, it fell through the crack made by the upgrade to the new version of Blogger and its interaction with my post editing software. So I'm bummed, and I can't quite face trying to reconstruct it yet. So forgive me for being so tardy in my posting. It's not for want of caring about you, dear reader.

While I'm rambling, I might as well mention: I thinking I'm going to reinstate my old blog, "I Shudder to Think" to write about general music and songwriting things -- stuff not directly related to this recording project. I wrote a new song this week called "Voices" (which I'll probably play Wednesday at Java Monkey), so maybe I'll write something about that over there. We'll see. blah blah blah. I have a headache. Guess I should go back to work.


Technorati Tags: , , , ,

5 comments:

patrick said...

Guess I should have said, "I have a migraine," because a mere headache doesn't quite account for the level of meandering here. I was in a pretty bad way when I posted this.

Anonymous said...

Damn you Blogger! That's happened to me so many times. It's the most frustrating thing ever. Wouldn't be surprised if it contributed to your migraine. Couldn't have helped.

Hope you feel better soon, and come back to writing. You're missed!

smooch
ambigirl

patrick said...

It's probably more my fault (and the "Performancing" plug-in's fault) than blogger's; it's just that the upgrade apparently bonked the settings, and I didn't know the proper way to save locally (I do now). Meanwhile, what's up with the comment pop-up window? I have to maximize to get the "Leave your comment" widget. That's a new problem, and that's definitely blogger's fault.

Thanks for saying hi.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...don't know about the comment window situation. Nothing in comment settings about options? Maybe the maximizing is the new blogger default setting and your old preferences were wiped...

patrick said...

I fixed it now (it seems) by getting rid of the the "comment in pop up window" option. I also fixed the template so you can see the "Add a comment" link. Guess if I was nice I'd change the template completely to a nice black-on-white kind of thing, since people tell me that have trouble reading this. Maybe I'm just used to it, but I can see the text just fine. And I soo dig my nephew's image as a background . . .

. . .