Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Stuff

In recent weeks, I've been rather busy with the writing I do for my day job (which is technical), and I haven't had much time to write about what's been going on music-wise. But I have a moment or two of down time, so I thought I'd so a little newsy "here's what's up" post.

  1. Recording
    Not much to report. Since we had to cancel a session before the holidays, everyone's been too busy to schedule anything. My next big plan is to get the whole trio together with the producer and record "She Walked Away" (which, after all, is the main track for the EP), but that takes more coordinating than just me taking a couple hours off. We'll try to get that together by mid-February at the latest.

  2. Songwriting
    I have been writing a lot of songs, or at least parts of songs. It's like a faucet I can't turn off: they just keep coming. Most of the ideas I have end up on the dust heap, or at best end up as half a song in my journal, something I'll look at later when I have time and see if there's enough there to develop. But I have written or rewritten a few complete songs that I'm happy with, so I keep tinkering with the live set list and re-conceiving the layout of the EP. Good thing we're behind on recording, I guess.


  3. Shows
    Redlight Cafe, February 2nd. I'm really excited about this show: Years ago, when my band was "Adam's Cat," we played the Redlight all the time. It's still run by the same proprietor, and it's still a great music venue. If you're in Atlanta, come a little early (we start at 8:00) and let's have a great time!


  4. New Site
    I was so tickled by the redesign here, I updated MediumLoud to more or less match. It's really a thinly-concealed blog, which makes it a bit easier for me to update and shifts the server load to Google. Hope you like it!


  5. T-Shirts
    And finally, I've opened a T-Shirt Store over at Cafe Press just for the heck of it. The design is based on the poster I did for the Redlight show, and I just thought it was cool so I made a shirt from it. Of course, the advantage of CP is, I don't have to cough up any money up front for the shirts like I would with a screen printing shop. They use direct print technology, and it's really high-quality stuff -- not just a cheesy iron-on. Proceeds (such as they are) go to defray recording costs.



-Peace!

No comments:

. . .